Rural Electric Youth Tour
Write an essay for an opportunity at an all-expense-paid trip of a lifetime to Washington, D.C. June 10-15, 2017.
“High school students from across Minnesota will travel to Washington, D.C. to join more than 1,600 other students from around the nation. The Youth Tour is the highlight of the summer for many students. These students will gain a first-hand understanding of the legislative process and make connections with others from across the country that will last a lifetime. Our youth are the future for our community and our country, and we can give them the tools to succeed. We look forward to this year’s trip, and continuing the Youth Tour tradition for another 50 years.”
- To enter the essay-writing contest, you must be a junior or senior in high school (ages 16-18).
- You and your parents or guardian must be served by PKM Electric Cooperative, Inc.
- The essay is not to exceed two standard 8.5 by 11 inch, typewritten and double-spaced pages. Please choose one of the topics below:
"What are the biggest challenges facing electric cooperatives today? How can cooperatives effectively meet those challenges?"
"How does energy efficiency affect you as an individual member and the cooperative as a whole?"
- A cover page must be included with the essay submission. The cover page should include: 1) your full name and date of birth, 2) name of your high school and what grade you're currently enrolled in, 3) parents' or guardians' names, physical mailing address and phone number.
- Deadline is March 1, 2017. Emailed entries should be directed to email@example.com, and hard-copy entries mailed to: Youth Tour Essay Contest, PKM Electric Cooperative, Inc., P.O. Box 108, Warren, MN 56762.
- If you have a question, please contact Chelsy Davey, PKM Electric, at the email address above, or call 218.745.4711 during regular business hours.